Friday, May 28, 2010

FSA National Conference

I can't believe it's almost this time again. It feels like last month we were up in Layton for the Families Supporting Adoption National Conference. But almost a year has gone by and we're getting prepped and PUMPED for this year's conference. It's going to be July 30-31st, again at the Davis Conference Center in Layton, UT. We are broadening the spectrum even further than last year, with more classes for birth parents and several classes specifically for birth grandparents.

You know, it really is something special to me, to be as intimately involved in this conference as I am. I love my volunteer work. It is one of the most fulfilling things I do. Planning this conference is, of course, right up my alley, with my event(/theatre) management background. I love fitting all the pieces together.

This is going to be a great experience for everybody--adoptive couples, birth parents, birth grandparents, adoption workers, we'll even have a class with adoptees that should be fun. It was a phenomenal experience last year. I'm hoping that even more birth families hear about it and decide to come this year. Spread the word!

19 comments:

  1. 我們不是因為快樂而歌唱,而是唱歌使我們快樂..............................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 快樂是你與生俱來的權力,它不應該取決於你完成什麼。 ..............................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I have a blog that shares Birth Mother stories and I was wondering if you would like to be a guest on my blog ? I would love to learn more about you and share your story if you would like to do that.
    Here is the blog site...
    http://openadoptionmatters.blogspot.com/
    you can email me from there :) Hope to hear from you! :) Thank you for being you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 樂觀進取,勇往直前,持之以恒,是克服困難的妙方。 ............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 什麼樣的學習計畫並不重要,重要的是你是什麼樣的人。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 卡爾.桑得柏:「除非先有夢,否則一切皆不成。」共勉!..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 世界上沒有本來就應該的事,因為老天爺也沒有劇本..................................................

    ReplyDelete